Everyone, please be introduced to Raju Olekar, Creative Director at our Gurgaon office. A down to earth person by heart and attention to detail in each task are just a few of his many positives. Time to familiarize Raju to others in his own words!
- What does your job entail?
Imagination, visualization and playing with colors. As a Creative Director I provide complete design solutions to the client requirements such as rich media and display ads, designing of emailers & corporate presentations etc.
- Tell us about your background prior to joining Chocolate
I have been working with Chocolate for the past 8 years. Prior to Chocolate, I worked with Wunderman in print media and web media as Art Director.
- What are your interests outside of work? What do you prefer doing on weekends?
I have lots of interests outside of work. I love to spend time with my kids and pets on weekends. Apart from that, I enjoy gardening too.
- One thing that not many people know about you.
I love cooking. On most of the Sundays, I cook food for my family. My kids enjoy breakfast cooked by me☺
- Your favorite moment with the Chocolate team so far?
I have been working here since 2010 so I have a lot of favorite moments. However, my favorite moment was – The Annual Town Hall Party in 2013 when I got “Vdopia Star” Award for my performance.
- Which place you would like to visit if given a chance?
I love my India. There are some places like, Kerala, Auli etc. where I would love to go whenever I get a chance.
- Things that you like about Chocolate/Company?
I love my company because all my colleagues are very helpful and joyful. Also, environment is very homely here.
- What are the 5 things that you can’t live without?
My family, My family, My family, My family and My family. I can live without smartphone or any other luxury item, but I can’t think living without my family.
- What’s the best meal you have ever had and where?
I love Indian homemade food.
- What’s the one achievement you are proud of and why?
I believe dreamers are achievers. I dreamt of having my own house in Delhi and purchased one when I was only 26 yrs. It’s something, I am really proud of as I was able to convert my dream in to reality. Dream big & don’t be afraid to follow them.