Yield Manager – Programmatic Advertising
At Chocolate, our people are our greatest asset and we are driven by a core set of values. We are builders, dreamers, thinkers, designers, and doers. We work hard, we work together and we work towards a common goal. Specifically, we build a video SSP & mediation platform for programmatic advertising. Our products are used around the world by the largest brands and publishers to advertise on mobile, desktop and CTV devices.
We are looking for a Yield Manager who will be responsible for revenue & yield analytics and technical resolutions. This person will liaise both with DSPs, and cross-functionally with sales, marketing, data, and product teams to ensure the success of programmatic monetization. As an essential member of the revenue team, you will be reporting directly to the global head of demand sales. You will have a deep understanding of programmatic advertising operations and revenue optimization techniques.
- Drive and lead programmatic advertising data operations. Responsible for managing relationships with existing DSPs and ensuring optimized delivery of programmatic campaigns.
- Analyze SSP/DSP bid metrics (ad requests, auctions, failed bids, timeouts, invalid creatives) to identify contingency and work with partners towards resolution.
- Maintain alliances with Video demand sources to increase programmatic yield and selling opportunities
- Lead the monthly & quarterly forecasting and reporting cycle for demand partners/DSPs. Develop key variables and dashboards to visualize inventory monetization and allow smart judgments
- Collaborate with team to convey needs for ingestion of new data sources and support the routine reporting of key analytical information.
- Maintain a solid understanding of ad platforms, data sources, and Digital Operations system relying on these variable inputs to develop data-driven recommendations for improving yield or operational effectiveness.
- 7+ years of digital advertising, yield, or analytics experience with at least 1-2 years in programmatic ad operations role
- Knowledge of data analytics and optimization products required
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with the ability to use tools to create insights to improve our product
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who deals well with ambiguity
- Will be both a strong, influential cross-functional team leader
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- BA/BS Degree / Engineering or relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, vLookup, SumIfs, etc.).
- Working knowledge of basic query and data analysis tools such as big query, tableau
- Ability to synthesize large data sets, create models and develop meaningful insights.