Manager/Director of Programmatic Demand Partnerships
San Francisco, CA/ New York
At Chocolate, our people are our greatest asset and we are driven by a core set of values. We are builders, dreamers, thinkers, designers, and doers. We work hard, we work together and we work towards a common goal. Specifically, we build a video SSP & mediation platform for programmatic advertising. Our products are used around the world by the largest brands and publishers to advertise on mobile, desktop and CTV devices.
We are looking for a sales lead to identify, close and maintain relationships with key demand partners. You will have a deep understanding of the programmatic ad tech industry, competitive offerings, understand customer needs and leverage qualitative and quantitative data to support feature prioritization and positioning. This is a hands-on position responsible for owning a revenue center. Our platform sits at the center of an extensive ecosystem for mobile, desktop and CTV advertising. You will work closely with the Supply team to ensure that your demand portfolio scales and achieve it's revenue objectives. The position requires competency in sales and account management and familiarity of advertising products and yield management.
- Bring New Clients:- The core responsibility will be to identify new clients and build partnerships with Brands & Media Agencies, Agency Trading Desks, and RTB enabled demand-side platforms (DSPs). The role could involve both domestic and international travel. Your past ad tech experience in a similar role will be crucial to your success. We anticipate that during the first 6 months of the job traveling & meeting new clients should be 70% - 80% of your time spent.
- Grow Existing Business: Work closely with our existing programmatic demand partners to manage the ongoing business and trading relationships and ensure that the full potential of each partnership is achieved. You will participate and lead Quarterly Business Reviews ( QBRs) with the clients.
- Build Demand Side Partnerships: This role will develop premium demand partnerships and promote RTB based campaign activation across Chocolate Marketplace. Work responsibilities include prospecting, communicating the value of our inventory and product features to relevant partners, quarterly business reviews, and securing new integrations with DSPs while making sure integrations start and finish promptly.
- Responsible for inbound and outbound partnership discussions with brands, agencies, other ad networks, DSPs, exchanges, agency trading desks.
- Initiate discussions with new clients and build a high impact relationship
- Ongoing management of existing partnerships and associated partner programs with RTB demand platforms and trading desks.
- Build cross-departmental relationships within the company, including Business Development, Agency Sales, Product, Operations, Engineering, Finance, etc.
- Contribute to overall company strategy, problem-solving, and culture.
- Attain monthly and quarterly revenue growth goals for programmatic sales.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2-3 years working in fast paced ad tech environment, preferably with RTB based programmatic advertising platforms ( exchanges, ad networks, DSPs, SSPs)
- Proven track record establishing, developing, and executing key distribution, product, and monetization partnerships
- Domain specific knowledge/experience in digital advertising, monetization, video and/or mobile video marketing.
- Solid understanding of RTB, video advertising platforms and online advertising models
- Concrete understanding of programmatic video and services including industry trends, major players by category and knowledge of the RTB based advertising ecosystem and landscape
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of technical and nontechnical people
- Adaptable, team player who gets things done
- Understand industry trends around Viewability, Fraud Prevention, Cross-Device Advertising, Cookie Syncing, Geo-Fencing, etc.