In our efforts to ensure highest quality ads are transacted on Chocolate Marketplace, we are pleased to announce the TAG Registry of Chocolate by Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG). Chocolate is assigned a TAG ID which acts as an identifier ID to verify legitimacy and reputation across the digital supply chain.
Combined with IAB’s ads.txt and app-ads.txt, TAG ID adds an additional layer of transparency that enables publishers to list which companies can represent their inventory and then programmatically communicate this information to advertisers.
For Desktop & Mobile Web properties
Implementation Steps for ads.txt and TAG ID
- Step 1: Ads.txt Template for Resellers
Chocolateplatform.com, “Chocolate Publisher Account ID”, RESELLER, TAG ID #video
Vdopia.com, “Chocolate Publisher Account ID”, RESELLER, TAG ID #video
- Step 2: Ads.txt Template for Owned & Operated Properties
Chocolateplatform.com, “Chocolate Publisher Account ID”, DIRECT, TAG ID #video
Vdopia.com, “Chocolate Publisher Account ID”, DIRECT, TAG ID #video
- Please make sure vdopia.com ad server URLs are added to the website’s ads.txt file/page
- Replace “*Chocolate Publisher Account ID *” with your Chocolate Account ID. If you have any questions on how to find this, please reach out to your Chocolate Account Manager.
- Clearly, state the relationship with the site/property.
- RESELLER – Chocolate Publishers must use this relationship type if they are a certified reseller of the inventory.
- DIRECT – Chocolate Publishers must only implement this relationship type if they directly own and operate the site.
- Make sure to list “Chocolateplatform.com” and “Vdopia.com” and on your ads.txt file as we are known as either or both by demand serving system
- Add TAG ID. All Chocolate publishers, use this TAG ID: 49a66ce31a704197 Note: Inserting TAG ID is highly recommended
For Mobile Apps
Implementation Steps for App-ads.txt and TAG ID
- Step 1: In your app store listing, make sure the developer website URL is correct.
Make sure that the developer website URL used in your app store listing is accurate. You will be hosting the app-ads.txt file on the root directory of this domain.
Note: Publishing a website and providing its URL is required for the app’s ad inventory to participate in the authorized seller scheme.
- Step 2: Create the app-ads.txt file.
This is simple. Create a .txt file and name it app-ads.txt
- Step3: Add Chocolate Entry & TAG ID.
Add Chocolate entry using the format below:
chocolateplatform.com, “Chocolate Publisher Account ID”, DIRECT, TAG ID #video
vdopia.com, “Chocolate Publisher Account ID”, DIRECT, TAG ID #video
chocolateplatform.com, 12345, DIRECT, 49a66ce31a704197 #video
vdopia.com, 12345, DIRECT, 49a66ce31a704197 #video
- Step 4: Post
Post the app-ads.txt file to the root directory of your domain. The file can be accessible via HTTP or HTTPS. The HTTP request header must contain “Content-Type: text/plain”.
- Make sure to list “chocolateplatform.com” and “vdopia.com” on your app-ads.txt file as we are known as either or both by advertiser side systems
- Replace “Chocolate Publisher Account ID” with your Chocolate Account ID.
Note: Please obtain this from your Chocolate Account Manager
- The third item is used to describe our relationship with the app inventory. Since Chocolate is working directly with you (the app developer), you can put “DIRECT” here.
- Add TAG Certification Authority ID. The TAG ID for all Vdopia / Chocolate Platform app developers & publishers is: 49a66ce31a704197
Note: Inserting TAG ID is highly recommended
- Official site for ads.txt initiative:
- Official spec for app-ads.txt initiative: